For over 150 years, Hartford Steam Boiler (HSB) has been publishing resources to help prepare and protect people, property and equipment.
Being prepared not only helps lower exposure to risks, but raises awareness with the knowledge of how to take action when events do occur.
Here’s our Top 10 Hurricane Preparedness Resources:
1. How to prepare for a hurricane: Learn how to prepare your equipment and stay safe.
2. Hurricane Loss Prevention for Solar PV Installations: Recommended steps be taken prior to a hurricane.
3. Hurricanes, before and after: Take action to help protect equipment and property.
4. Is Your Small Business Ready for an Emergency? Identify mission-critical equipment and set up a basic pre-emergency plan.
5. Loss Mitigation Action Plans: Get prepared for the sudden loss of electric power and utilities.
6. Maintaining emergency engine-generators: Recommendations for standby power systems.
7. What to do during a power outage: Quick suggestions to prepare for a power outage on short notice.
8. Flood risk: Protect your assets from high water.
9. Restoring power after a hurricane: What to expect when you lose power.
10. Flood recovery action steps: What to do if you operate equipment and machinery in flood-affected areas.
For general assistance with HSB’s products and services, contact us between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM EST at 1-800-HSB-1866 (1-800-472-1866) or email us at Customer_Solution_Center@hsb.com
Want more information like this delivered straight to your inbox? Click the “Follow” button on the bottom right, and enter your email address.
© 2018 The Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company. All rights reserved. This article is intended for information purposes only. All recommendations are general guidelines and are not intended to be exhaustive or complete, nor are they designed to replace information or instructions from the manufacturer of your equipment. Contact your equipment service representative or manufacturer with specific questions.